So many times, I have read an awesome post and thought the writer sold themselves short on a minimalistic title.
Let’s say that someone started writing a post near Thanksgiving talking about their blessings; maybe by the end, they realize that they primarily spoke about moving to a new house. “Feeling Thankful” is a vague title that might be easily overlooked. “Appreciating my New Home this Thanksgiving” is more specific and piques my interest…thus, I’m more likely to click on it.
Adding more details makes it even more enticing.Hypothetical examples:
You get the idea. Give ’em the old Razzle Dazzle. [Yes, I recently watched Chicago.]
I’d say that you should select a featured image at minimum, but including pictures throughout a post is a good idea. People retain information from text better when it’s reinforced by images (Read more here). Also, do we need to look further than social media (esp. Instagram and Pinterest) to see that people simply enjoy looking at pictures? My favorite image resources are Pixabay and Unsplash.
If you use five or more pictures in the post, the post appears differently in the Reader. Posts with the images across the top will draw the eye more and probably get more clicks.
“Build it and they will come” does not apply to blogging (or almost anything besides drive-thru restaurants). The more you use social media to promote your blog, the more people will see it. Social Media Sharing Options:
Browsing through the results of tags is a way to find cool blogs (recommended for new/small bloggers), but whether you actually look at tags or not, using them will expose your posts to more people on WordPress. [Just like using hashtags on an Instagram photo brings more likes.]
Sidenote: If you are using the tag Humor, don’t literally type #Humor; type the word Humor and hit “Enter.”
The more variation in formatting, the better. We have evolved past walls of text in 2018. Ways to Break Up Format:
Success almost never comes easily, so be forewarned that some of your series ideas will crash and burn in dismal interest. However, if you think of a series that does intrigue people, you will gain more return readers. Consider creating one featured image for the series on Canva to use for each post.
I caution you to make all the posts in your series stand-alone rather than having part 1, 2, 3, etc, even if the posts do have some chronological connection. Seeing “part #” in the title can be a turn-off (because it subconsciously sends the signal “this is going to take extra work”). Just my two cents.
Readers return first and foremost when they like you. Let them get to know you by displaying your humor, your kindness, your witty sarcasm, your optimism, your vulnerability, your realness, or whatever makes you who you are through your blog. Don’t come across as distant and disconnected from your writing!
Unless you’re already a viral sensation, you will have to work to build a readership. Read, like, and comment on other people’s blog posts. Respond to every comment you receive with individual care and attention. You reap what you sow!
*Not my original content
See Author post above
Being a blogger is easy, all you need to do is start a new blog and start writing.
But have you ever thought what is takes to become a successful blogger?
How bloggers make thousand of dollars every month, well the answers in dedication, passion and most important they are serious about blogging.
Lots of people try to earn money online but very few get success.
One of the best ways of earning online is blogging, blogging is one of the best career opportunity these days.
Blogging needs lots of hard work, research and long working hours. But one thing came into my mind can everyone get success in blogging.
If yes, why still many bloggers fail and give up their blogging.
Why many blogs get into parked page after a year and many people don’t even bother renewing their blog?.
The answer is lack of passion and motivation.
What it takes to becoming a successful blogger.
1. You have writing skills:- If you have great writing skills, you can become a successful blogger. Writing is the basic skill for becoming a blogger. Your blog readership will depend on how good your writing skill are. When I’m talking about writing, it doesn’t mean writing like an expert, but write like an individual. As they are different. See the editorial page of a newspaper or a magazine and that the exact kind of writing which I’m talking about.
2. You are disciplined:- Although every work or profession needs to be disciplined but as a blogger when you work from home or cafes, discipline is your best friend. It should divided into writing post, commenting on other blogs and social networking promotion. If you want loyal readers, then you have to post regularly, then you will lose your readers.
3. You are willing to learn :- A blogger should always be ready to learn. I’m still learning. I read a lot of other blogs to gain more knowledge. Mostly bloggers share their experiences so that other can learn from them.
4. You are good communicator :- you become a successful blogger if you are a good communicator. Some people think that a blogger ‘s work is over after writing an article. A blogger promote that article on social media networksite and reply to all the comments.
5. You are willing to work hard :- We have discussed earlier that hard work is the basis for becoming the successful blogger. A blogger has to work day and night to find new ideas.