See Author Article Here
1. Set your alarm 15 minutes earlier. Select to wake up to your favorite song. Enjoy your coffee or tea in a special mug. This sets off your day in a whole different way.
2. Write down the intention of the day; “Today I choose to be happy,” “Today I choose to stay calm,” you get the idea.
3. Accomplish one small goal to set off your day in the right direction; for example, make your bed or wash your mug.
4. Read a book.
5. Declutter your living space.
6. Start small, by organizing your desk drawer.
7. Keep your brain and body hydrated; get a water bottle and aim at finishing it by lunchtime. Refill it.
8. Keep a gratitude journal and jot down three things that went well or were positive every day.
9. Go out for a 15-minute walk.
10. Follow positive people on social media.
11. Compliment a friend.
12. Cook a healthy dish for dinner; try a different cuisine.
13. Listen to some relaxing music on a daily basis.
14. Listen to podcasts on subjects that interest you.
15. Find a new hobby.
16. Start a collection.
17. Choose an art poster and hang it on your living room wall.
18. Choose to wear accessories that make you feel good.
19. Make a positive affirmation that works for you and keep repeating it daily; i.e., “I choose what I become.”
21. Write down your favorite quote on a post-it note and stick it on your bathroom mirror.
22. Use an inspirational quote as a screen saver; or set your smartphone to remind you of it several times during the day.
23. Make a playlist of ten happy songs that you like best. Listen to them at least once during the day.
24. Listen to TEDex talks on topics that interest you or topics you are curious about while doing chores or driving.
25. Commit to explore one new idea or do one new thing.
26. Remind yourself that you control how you feel by repeating often “I’m in charge of how I feel and today I choose happiness.”
27. Make it a habit to sit quietly and take deep, slow breaths.
28. Take a power nap or sleep 20 more minutes every night.
29. Make a photo album with pictures carrying happy memories.
30. Call, text, or email a friend that you haven’t seen in a while.
31. Sit in a quiet spot preferably outside, in nature, and do nothing for 15 minutes
32. Write down your three core values.
33. Write a positive comment or compliment someone inspiring on social media.
34. Watch comedies.
35. Read poetry.
36. Learn how to meditate and do it daily for 10-15 minutes.
37. Take a test to find your core strengths.
38. Next to each strength write down specific ways you can use it in your routine.
39. Sing your favorite song or whistle.
40. Go dancing.
41. Write down one important goal.
42. Now jot down three specific things you can do this week in that direction.
43. Tell yourself three reasons why you are happy to be alive.
44. Make a list of your “favorites” (dish, songs, books, films, travel destinations, anything).
45. Pick one thing and do it today.
46. Pick another thing from that list and do it tomorrow; you get the idea.
47. Identify five things that make you happy. Write down specific ways of how you can incorporate them in your day and do more of them.
48. Learn one relaxation technique and practice it daily.
49. Write a thank you letter to someone and be specific on what they did that helped you (you don’t need to mail it).
50. Remind yourself “I truly and deeply love and appreciate myself and I am invested in my personal development.”